Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random



A few random things today.

#1 Our Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is in Morocco. She is here for a peace conference ending a week-long trip in the Middle East. Yesterday, the new group of Health Volunteers had the opportunity to meet her during their In-Service Training in Marrakech. I clearly left for Peace Corps a year too early. I could have met her!!

While she was meeting the volunteers, she acknowledged Muriel, the oldest volunteer serving in Peace Corps. Read about it at CNN.com!

#2. I miss Pumpkin Spice Lattes. This is my second year missing Pumpkin Spice Latte season and I just cannot believe it. FORTUNATELY, I can recreate other Starbucks lattes in my house. A certain guy named Wael sent me these Starbucks syrups.

The folks at Starbucks made sure to tell him that I have a month to finish the bottle of syrup after it is opened. Clearly, this is not an issue for me. I took this picture 2 weeks after opening the caramel syrup!!!

#3 I really enjoy trouble maker students. I can say this now that I'm done teaching for the day. Perhaps when this certain boy was acting up I wasn't as appreciative as I am now. But really. This certain boy brought a rubber bloody hand to class and tried to shake my hand with it. How clever! I mean, I had to confiscate the thing, but really I was impressed with this certain boy. In fact, that may be something I would have done in middle school........

#4 Chandler is getting very good at playing fetch. In fact, that is about all he ever wants to do these days. Recently I've been waking up at 6:30am to Chandler throwing his favorite fetch toy (one of my scrunchies!) at my face over and over again. I will make a video and post it soon! My cat thinks he is a dog!!!!

2 comments:

AmyLuvsTrees said...

Chandler is just about the cutest cat in the world!

And this post was so fun to read :)

Cathy Lacki said...

one of my biggest problems the summer i taught english was with discipline - and the kids who caused trouble were always some of the smartest, made me so mad! but then it kind of reminded me of us chatting in the back of french class..