Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Loss


It is with great sadness that I write this post. And I don't mean to bring everyone down; to the contrary, I believe that all of your thoughts and prayers can benefit the many people going through such a difficult time right now.

On Monday, Peace Corps Morocco lost a cherished volunteer. Soyoun was a Youth Development Volunteer in the Zagora region of southern Morocco. She had been serving in Morocco since September 2008, and was loved by her fellow volunteers and Moroccan friends.

While I didn't know Soyoun personally, she was a member of our Peace Corps community, and left a family mourning at home, and a country mourning in Morocco.

Please, add Soyoun's family and friends to your prayers today, and keep them on your mind.


1 comments:

AmyLuvsTrees said...

I know you did not know this volunteer very well, but I am still sadden by the loss. She was in my thoughts and prayers when I read this post, and I hope her family is starting to heal.