Monday, December 21, 2009

Women's Center Update

Since it has been a while, I think I will update everyone on the women's center! Things are moving along very nicely, albeit slowly, and construction is just around the corner. (Inshallah!) After a couple of weeks trying to choose a contractor, which were interrupted by Eid festivities, we have a contractor, a contract, a pile of rocks, and a down payment!

This past Wednesday my association president, the contractor and I signed a contract, which included the stipulation that the center must be completed by March 10, 2010. I hope we are able to stay within that timeframe!

It is raining today, but as soon as the sun comes out, construction will begin. Unfortunately, I won't be here to see the first stage of construction because I will be on vacation in Egypt. Thank goodness for my association president, who is going to take pictures and email them to me periodically!

Right now our women's center consists of a pile of rocks. Here is the pile of rocks (where the center will be). In the background is a pickup truck with the contractor and the association president. This was just after I handed over 35,600 dirhams as a down payment to get the project started. I left them and ran up my stairs onto my roof so I could take a picture before they drove away! I don't think they saw me! :)

3 comments:

Stephanie H said...

Thanks for the update! I like to know what is going on. And people always ask me!

Judy said...

Congrats!! Happy to hear things are finally underway. Here's hoping the weather holds out and things continue on schedule.

AmyLuvsTrees said...

SO EXCITING!! I agree with Stephanie, a lot of people ask me how it's going... so its fun to be able to tell them! I hope things start to get moving!