Thursday, January 28, 2010

Women's Center Wednesdays

Ok, so I know it is Thursday. But cut me some slack! :)

Last week the cement was poured for the floor of the women's center, and since then the workers have started laying the cement bricks for the walls. Anyone who knows how we build houses in the US might be interested in all the differences!

Today I accompanied the local association president to Tiznit to run a few errands. We picked up the next 30% installment of women's center funds to pass along to the contractor. We also had a meeting with the Ministry of Social Development representative. We are hoping to pass along our equipment request next week. While the sewing machines may arrive after I finish my service here, the representative said we can try to make sure the literacy room is fully equipped by May.

On a completely random note, 35 degrees and raining is annoying. I think, and this is just the opinion of one girl, that I would MUCH rather deal with 30 degrees and snow than 35 degrees and rain. But really, who am I to say??

Mixing cement and pouring it to make the floor.
Wall constructing
More wall constructing
Inside the women's center
More inside the center






6 comments:

Dad said...

Erin,
This is all very exciting to see.
Dad

Stephanie H said...

I like to see the progress when you post several pictures. Really cool!

Unknown said...

Wow! Great news and really neat pictures! So amazing to see the contrast of this building going up and the stark landscape all around it.

Lissa said...

Love it Erin! Thanks for posting! Next week I want to see a picture of you and Chandler standing where the literacy room will be....ok?

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I'm so excited to see the walls starting to go up.

AmyLuvsTrees said...

Wow! The walls going up is AMAZING! I am so pumped to see the final product... but so far - it looks amazing :)!!!