Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Women's Center Wednesdays

After a lovely week of sunshine, I am happy to report significant progress on the women's center. I enjoy waking up every morning and sneaking a look at the center before I make breakfast. Now that the workers know who I am, I don't feel as bad traipsing all over the construction site to take pictures.

While the association president and I decided to wait until next week for a meeting in Tiznit with the Ministry of Social Development and for a trip to the bank for the next monetary installment, we did have a chance to meet with the commune's technician last night. He had some great feedback for the workers, including ways to make the structure more stable.

Everywhere I go these days, someone mentions the women's center. People are always quick to share their awe at such generosity on the part of Americans. Thank you again to everyone who helped make this happen!



6 comments:

Tara said...

Looks awesome!

Lissa said...

Coming along nice dear! Keep the pictures coming :)

Stephanie H said...

It is awesome to see the progress. Do they still have the same completion date?

Maghrebi said...

Thank you for your awesome work in Morocco!

AmyLuvsTrees said...

I am so excited to read about the progress!! :)

Cathy Lacki said...

im so proud of my atwell!! these pics look like there's been a lot of progress...good for you! can't wait to see the final =)