Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thanks

I thank God.....


....for having such a wonderful family who supports me in my crazy decisions and adventures and who loves me in spite of my wanderlust tendencies.

.....for Wael, who knows exactly what to do to make me smile, and who is truly the most thoughtful person I know.

.....for my host sister Khadija, who greeted me back to my site yesterday with a squeal of joy and a big hug that was much needed.

.....for my Peace Corps friends who knew it would be hard for me to come back to Morocco and who have been awesome since my plane landed in Agadir.

.....for Lissa and Tara and Amy for talking to me on Skype for hours yesterday!

.....for the Beckers and the Vitos and the Rudds and my mom who sent such wonderful packages that I opened upon my arrival back in site. Turned a really bad day into a good one!

.....for everyone who sent me Christmas cards. Your kind words brightened up my day and have left a smile on my face ever since! I especially love the cards with pictures! Richie and Christian are getting so big!

.....for my friend Najma's mom, who moved all of the furniture in my house while I was gone so that it wouldn't get ruined as rain leaked (and is still leaking) into every room of my house.

.....for my buta gas, that heats up lots of ice cold tap water for me.

.....for Cairo, a city that treated me very well, and gave me wonderful people, hot showers, Starbucks, and delicious food every day I was there.

.....for Chandler, who acted so incredibly happy to see me he wrapped his paws around my leg and wouldn't let go. What would i do without him?

.....for the workers who worked hard on the women's center in spite of the miserable weather. Pictures to come!

and I thank God for a lot of other things too, but I think this is enough for now. :)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

So glad God has been good to you.. blessing you with amazing family and friends near and far, and keeping you safe through your travels...

Judy said...

We all thank God for having you in our lives, Erin. You're a ray of sunshine, with a smile and laugh that can brighten anyone's day. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us. Only wish we could do more for you. Can't wait to have you home so we can share a hug! Love you lots!!

Stephanie H said...

I sent some of the stuff in that package with mom! Also, I'm happy you have all of those wonderful people in your life too.

AmyLuvsTrees said...

I would talk to you all day, every day on skype if you needed :) Glad you loved your package and that you are adjusting to being back in your site! Love you tons!