Thursday, July 9, 2009

Independence Day/Birthday

This year for Independence Day/my birthday, my friends and I decided to do our best to recreate what an American 4th of July celebration.  So my region-mates and 2 close friends from other regions came down to celebrate.  

Friday night we stayed at Hanneke’s and made raspberry vinaigrette goat cheese salad and pizza rolls (from scratch…even the wrapper).

 

The next morning we headed out to the road to wait for transportation to Mirleft, a beachtown in our region.  We spent the day at the beach...


some of us building sandcastles....

 some of us digging holes in the sand....

 and some of us swimming fully clothed.

  We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the beach; we are truly blessed in this region to be near water.  Once the sun got too hot, we returned to Hanneke’s for our 4th of July barbeque.

We made (well Hanneke did most of the cooking) potato salad, pasta salad, guacamole, burgers on the grill, and wine spritzers.

 

Meredith and I spent quite some time decorating the wonderful cookie cake she made for me.  Pink frosting with pink icing roses!!!!  She did a great job teaching me how to make the roses, but I don’t think I quite have it yet.


We had a great time and I had a fabulous birthday!

 

0 comments: