Friday, January 9, 2009

turning over a new leaf

So I just arrived back in Morocco after a glorious 2 week vacation in Chicago.  After i stepped off the plane and got hugs from my dear family, and before any catching up began, my lovely sister told me she had a problem.  Apparently she is offended (and not the only one) that I do not update my blog more often.  So here we go.  I am ready to turn over a new leaf.  


I have spent 3 nights in country so far.  One in Agadir at my favorite hotel (with my 150lbs of luggage.  Two hours at Target can do that to you).  Fortunately a nice lady in the Paris airport waived the 300Euro ($500!!!!) fee I should have paid for all of the extra weight.

My second night was my reunion with Chandler, who was more than thrilled to see me.  Usually he sleeps on my neck, on my side.  That night he literally slept on my head.  :)  It was a tough night, jet lag and missing home.  Finally at 3:30am I decided to get up, make macaroni and cheese, eat Oreos, and watch Friends.  

I decided the next day not to be lonely anymore so I went to visit my friend Meredith.  This weekend will be spent with my close volunteer friends in the region in order to help with the transition back.

ps My host family was thrilled by the gifts from America.  Who knew a little nail polish and some perfume could bring so much joy to their lives!

3 comments:

Stephanie H said...

Good job with the updating! See! It is not so hard. Just a little update every time you get the Internet and you will placate me (us!).
Love you!

Jaxma99 said...

I'll be very happy to hear more updates too. Bet you didn't know there were so many people reading!
- Angie (Steph's friend)
P.S. What was Steph doing awake at 4:53am???

Anonymous said...

So awesome to have been able to visit with you twice during your time home. Loved chatting and listening and seeing you smile!!
We all love to get your updates. Yes, we are excited to hear about your adventures, but more importantly the updates let us know you are safe and happy...keep um coming.
Wishing you grand adventures Erin!