Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Less than 1 week!

Well today was the much-anticipated much-feared Language Proficiency Exam.  Although we haven't received the results yet, I feel very confident about my Interview.  This means.........less than 1 week until i swear-in as a real live Peace Corps Volunteer!!!!


Last week was our last CBT, which was sad, although I hope it also marks the end of my getting sick in Morocco (inshallah!).  On Sunday we held a party for our host families at my house.  The other trainees and I baked for 7 hours before the party....we made all different types of American cookies...it was great!!!  Jelly-filled, peanut butter, chocolate chip, and lemon bars.  Well, our cookies were a hit and the party was great.  It made me realize how boring American parties can be.  We should take a lesson from Moroccans!  By the end of the party we were singing, playing drums, and dancing through the streets of my village.

It was hard to say good-bye to my host family, but I am hoping to come visit in August, when the Southern heat is just too much.  Unfortunately it will take around 14 hours to get there from my new site.  A bit of a hike........

This week we are just sitting through bureacratic business....seminars on policy etc.  On Monday, we swear in as volunteers at some fancy hotel here in Ouarzazate (apparently PC doesnt want the American Embassador and PC Country Direcetor to come to our modest hotel) and then Tuesday we are off to our sites!  Hanneke and Meredith and I will be traveling together, and we hope to stop over in Agadir for a night on the way.........it will be interesting to see how I fanagle taking my luggage with.  

Time to go.......I have been at the cyber cafe for 2 hours now...yikes!  and it is almost 4pm tea time!!

  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dancing through the streets....all that frivolity on a cookie high!I'm sure we have a lot we can learn from the people of this impoverished country...
wishing you many more simple pleasures......